What Personal Data Do We Collect and When?
When you use our Services, we collect certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. This personal data includes:
- Information that you provide
We collect any information that you enter through our Services or give us in any way. For example, when you create an account, place an order for our services, access our content feeds, request to receive communications, participate in our events or contests, contact our consumer services, or use our Services in any other way. Such information includes, but is not limited to the following:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and office/billing address;
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender, hometown, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- personal preferences including your marketing and cookie preferences; and
- information you give us through your calls with our customer service.
We collect additional personal data from you to enable particular features within our Services. We may provide you the option to connect your account on the Services to your account on some social networking sites, such as Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat, for the purpose of logging in, uploading information or enabling certain features on the Site or App. This personal data includes:
- log-in credentials, username, age and gender;
- profile picture, cover photo, friend networks, locale, and any other information you have made public.
- Automatic Information
- device IDs, call state, date/time of access, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
- Mobile Device
When you download or use our Apps, we may receive data about your location and your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from children under the age of 13 (“Children” or “Child”). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Tools to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Services, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. For example, we will obtain consent to use your location or send push notifications. We may obtain this consent through the Services or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
Why and How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To Provide the Features of the Sites, Apps, and Services You Request
- When you use our Services, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you create an account or purchase our services on https://www.latticepublishing.com/ or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such payment information, or the service you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
- We may send you product or service renewal reminders close to the anniversary of taking up a product or service or other communications we are obliged to send under a legal or contractual obligation.
- In some cases, to use particular features within our Services, you may need to provide us with additional data or additional consent to use particular data in a certain way. For example, to share content on social media, you may be required to provide your social media account credentials to sign in.
- To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
- When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning our products, services, events and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
- If you are an existing customer of ours (for example, if you have created an account), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar products or services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information. We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from our other products or services – such as your use of our Services, your visits to or Sites, your participation in our events and contests – to personalize communications on products and services that may be interesting for you.
- To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
- We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you purchase our Services, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Services. We may also record your calls with our customer service to handle your inquiry and for training, research and product development purposes.
- To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
- For General Research and Analysis Purposes
- We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to www.latticepublishing.com search for and find content to better understand the best ways to organize and present such content on our website.
- For other third parties to the extent necessary to:
- (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law;
- (iii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Sites’ functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember site preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow site performance.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always disable of change your preference by changing the settings within your browser
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through our Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Services more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change or update your personal information by any of the mean described in our “Questions and Feedback” section below.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under CalOPPA
Our Site does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your Personally Identifiable Information or Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Questions and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, you may contact us:
- By Email: [email protected]
- By Mail:
- Lattice Publishing, LLC
- 1111 6th Avenue, Suite 300
- San Diego, CA 92101
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.
Lattice Publishing, LLC All rights reserved. All materials contained within this website are protected by copyright belonging to Lattice Publishing, LLC